Next week's Certified LeSS Practitioner course has been adjusted to a full remote, online provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner course. We'll start on Monday, October 5th and continue till friday, October 9th.
There are a couple of seats left to reach our max 12 attendees limit as some CLP attendees prefer to wait for an in-person event. Registre here.read more
I’m glad that my book The Great ScrumMaster: #ScrumMasterWay was officially translated into the Japanese language and is already available from 9th September 2020. The translated name is: “SCRUMMASTER THE BOOK 優れたスクラムマスターになるための極意”. The publisher is “ 翔泳社” (Shoeisha) and you can buy the book at different online stores.read more
CAL2 – Certified Agile Leadership II program is open for registration and confirmed to run - Fall 2020
The next run of CAL2 – Certified Agile Leadership II program will start on October 10, 2020. It's opened for registrations and confirmed to run. It will consist of individual leadership circle profile, series of coaching video calls, and individual assessment. You can find all the details about the program here.
The program will be delivered as an online program, schedule and all details about conditions, execution can be found at Scrum Alliance website.
Register for the program here.read more
Pre-course Reading: A-CSPO
This 2day workshop is part of the advanced Product Owner program so you are expected to spend significant time preparing yourself before the class, where we validate your learning and practice situations from the Product Owner journey. Certification is an optional part of this program and to get certified you have to:
- Demonstrate your knowledge/skills/experience as described in the Learning Objectives and get them validated by the trainer during the class.
- Demonstrate at least 12-months of Product Owner experience by uploading your role-specific experience to your Scrum Alliance Profile (any time before or after the class).
Some topics may be well known and an internal part of your day-to-day work, some others may be new or bring a different perspective. Join the class with an open mind, the ways of learning are unexpected.
Note that, an important part of the class is trainer learning validation. In case of gaps, you get feedback so you can inspect and adapt on that part and demonstrate your learning. If the gaps are too big to inspect and adapt in two days, it may end up with some recommended follow-up learning/coaching followed by trainer validation. However this is a possibility, it is not expected to happen too often and most of the active Product Owners will make it if they do the class preparation well.
Please spend time reading through given concepts and reflect on them. You are encouraged to join local meetups and work on specific learning objectives with a group of Agile enthusiasts there.
The questions in italic shall help you to cross-check your understanding.
Agile and Scrum Background
Product Owner Core Competencies
The Scrum Product Owner role on one page: https://www.romanpichler.com/blog/one-page-product-owner/ (What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?)
- Harmful Misconceptions About Product Owner Role (How many dysfunctions you can see at your organization?) Choose video or comics:
- The Innovation Games https://www.innovationgames.com/the-innovation-games/ (Be ready to use the games at the training.)
- Engaging and Involving Stakeholders in Your Watershed: https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-11/documents/stakeholderguide_0.pdf
- Technical debt (Understand the impact of the Technical debt):
- Feature teams (understand the difference and benefits):
- Feature Team: https://less.works/less/structure/feature-teams.html
- Stop Managing Dependencies! https://co-learning.be/blog/stop-managing-dependencies/19012016
- Extreme Programming (be familiar with the technical practices and why they are useful): https://www.agilealliance.org/glossary/xp/#q=~(infinite~false~filters~(postType~(~'post~'aa_book~'aa_event_session~'aa_experience_report~'aa_glossary~'aa_research_paper~'aa_video)~tags~(~'xp))~searchTerm~'~sort~false~sortDirection~'asc~page~1)
- Additional Reading (if you want to go deeper):
- Book: Agile Product Management with Scrum, Roman Pichler
- Book: Innovation Game, Luke Hohmann
Advanced Purpose and Strategy
- Additional Reading:
- Book: Strategize - Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age, Roman Pichler
- Book: Impact Mapping, Gojko Adzic
- Book: User Story Mapping, Jeff Patton
Empathizing with Customers and Users
Advanced Product Assumption Validation
- The Lean Startup Summary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSaIOCHbuYw
- The Lean Startup Book, Eric Ries