We plan CSM - Certified ScrumMaster training in Bratislava, Slovakia on 14-15 May 2018 in English. If you are looking for certification training in English this is a chance to grab a seat. If you book your seat before 30 April you’ll get discounted early bird price.
Register here for the course or send me an email if you have any questions. Feel free to ask if you need training in Czech we plan classes as well. We also organize private company CSPO/CSM training for larger groups (English/Czech).read more
The next CSM - Certified ScrumMaster training in Prague on April 23-24, 2018. This class will be in English. Come to join me and to learn more about #ScrumMasterWay concent and start your path to be The Great ScrumMaster. A unique experience in one of the nicest city in Europe.read more
The next run of CAL - Certified Agile Leadership I class will be in Prague on 25-26 Apil 2018 in English. The training is focused on building a modern Agile Organization and to support personal growth of Agile leaders, emphasizes the right culture of the self-organization, ownership, and responsibility while keeping safety and trust as a prerequisite. Agile leadership is one of the critical aspects of every successful Agile transformation in any organization.
You can get early bird price if you register until March 25, 2018.read more
How to start with Scrum
- Read Agile manifesto - http://agilemanifesto.org - and try to apply those principles to your context.
- Agile is huge change. It's changing culture and mindset. It will not be easy so spend some time to investigate if your reasons for agile adoption are good enough.
- Read my blogs http://soch.cz/blog (CZ) and http://agile-scrum.com.
- Try it now. It's always good time to start.
- Neither Agile nor Scrum is a dogma. But don't give up too early. It's lot of work to make it stick.
- Learn more. Read books and aticles from the following section or check our additional courses and workshops.
Back to the Basics
- Zuzi Sochova Czech blog about Agile, Kanban, Scrum and Management: http://soch.cz/blog
- Zuzi's blog about Agile and Lean (EN): http://agile-scrum.com
- Scrum Guide - the official Scrum reference (read before CSM test)
- LeSS - Large Scaling Scrum site - how to scale Scrum
- What Is Agile? - now, in 2016
- Scrum in 13s - if you have no time than 13s watch this video
- Scrum introduction - Ken Schwaber talks about Scrum
- Henrik Kniberg - Scrum and XP from the Trenches
- Henrik Kniberg and Mattias Skarin - Kanban and Scrum - making the most of both
- CoreScrum - Scrum Alliance description of Scrum
- Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process
Books (not only) for ScrumMasters
- The Great ScrumMaster - #ScrumMasterWay
- Patrick Lencioni - The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- Dave Logan - Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
- Sir John Whitmore - Coaching For Performance: Growing People, Performance and Purpose
- Esther Derby - Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
- Henrik Kniberg - Lean from the Trenches An example of Kanban in a large software project
- Niels Pflaeging - Organize for Complexity: How to Get Life Back Into Work to Build the High-Performance Organization
- Lyssa Adkins - Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
- Jeff Sutherland and JJ Sutherland - Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
- Craig Larman and Bas Vodde - Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
Books (not only) for Product Owners
- Vasco Duarte - The #NoEstimates Book
- Gojko Adzic - Impact Mapping: Making a big impact with software products and projects
- Luke Hohmann - Innovation Game: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play
How to build good Product Backlog
Books (not only) for Managers
- Frederic Laloux - Reinventing Organizations
- Jurgen Appelo - Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
- Jurgen Appelo - #Workout: Games, Tools & Practices to Engage People, Improve Work, and Delight Clients
- Jurgen Appelo - Managing for Happiness: Games, Tools, and Practices to Motivate Any Team
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
- Eliyahu M. Goldratt - The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
Books (not only) for Testers
- Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory - Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
- Janet Gregory and Lisa Crispin - More Agile Testing: Learning Journeys for the Whole Team
Other recommendations to read
- John Kotter - Our Iceberg Is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
- W. Timothy Gallwey - The Inner Game of Work: Focus, Learning, Pleasure, and Mobility in the Workplace
- Stephen C. Lundin - Fish! A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
- Eliyahu M. GoldrattI - It's Not Luck
- Scrum Master - Funny movie about The Power of Scrum
- Scrum Master and motivation
- Shit Bad Scrum Masters Say
- Agile Product Ownership in a Nutshell
- What is Business Agility
- Yves Morieux: How too many rules at work keep you from getting things done
- Henrik Kniberg - Spotify Engineering Culture part 1
- Henrik Kniberg - Spotify Engineering Culture part 2
- Yves Morieux: As work gets more complex, 6 rules to simplify
- Gary Hamel: Reinventing the Technology of Human Accomplishment
- Mastering Retrospective Video
- Dan Pink: The puzzle of motivation
- Organize for Complexity - Keynote by Niels Pflaeging
- Laloux Cultural Model and Agile Adoption
- Managing for Happiness | Jurgen Appelo | TEDxLille
- Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
- David Logan - Tribal Leadership TED talk
- L. David Marquet: "Turn the Ship Around" | Talks at Google
- Lucy's Famous Chocolate Scene
- Jurgen Appelo Blog: http://www.noop.nl/
- Vasco Duarte Blog / Software Development Today: http://softwaredevelopmenttoday.blogspot.cz/
- Yves Hanoulle Blog: http://www.hanoulle.be/
- Henrik Kniberg / Crisp's Blog: http://blog.crisp.se/author/henrikkniberg
- Agile Alliance Blog: http://www.agilealliance.org/blog/
- Scrum Alliance Blog: http://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles
- Martin Flower Blog about Continuous Integration, Refactoring, etc.: http://martinfowler.com/
I like to learn from the 'best of the best'. Here are my recommendations where to go:
- Agile Coaching Institute - All classes are 'must have' for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches. You can also check my smaller version of AgileCoachig workshop and Agile Facilitation workshop.
- Move it to the next level with ORSC - Organization & Relationship Systems Coaching
- Management 3.0 workshop
- Christopher Avery - The Leadership Gift
- LeSS (Large Scaling Scrum) Case Studies - The first LeSS adoptions were probably around 2006, since then, LeSS has been applied in many products and in many industries:
- DBS Bank of Singapore
How to run Agile Organization
Other Scrum and Agile case-studies
- Case study: Distributed Scrum Project for Dutch Railways
- Agile Case Study - Cayen Systems
- Google: Ssh! We are adding a process…
- Video: Scrum Boosts Effectiveness at the BBC
- Agile Project Development at Intel: A Scrum Odyssey by Pat Elwer, Intel Corporation
- Agile Case-study: H&R BLOCK
- Adobe Premiere Pro Scrum Adoption - How an agile approach enabled success in a hyper-competitive landscape
- Yahoo! Rolling out Agile in a Large Enterprise
- Video: Moving Back to Scrum and Scaling to Scrum of Scrums in Less than One Year
Agile @ SAP / ERP
- Introducing flexibility, transparency and speed to SAP implementations by Sean Robson http://genesisconsulting.
- Also, SAP itself uses Scrum: http://agileerpslides.
gerardmeszaros.com/,and http://www.g3g.com/blog/ continuous-integration-on-sap- using-subversion-maven-hudson- nexus-and-sonar
- If you are using ABAP then these links might present some info.
abap/testing-and- troubleshooting/blog/2011/11/ 09/new-abap-unit-and-coverage- analyzer-features-in-sap- netweaver-70-ehp3
christian.drumm/blog/2009/12/ 30/continuous-integration- using-code-inspector
nw70/helpdata/EN/14/ a794422760c46ae10000000a155106 /frameset.htm
abap/blog/2013/10/16/mocka-is- now-open-source-abap-mocking- framework
Agile @ Hardware
notesfromatooluser/2008/12/ agile-for-hardware-and- embedded-systems.html#. V3kbFPSXfCQ
Still not done with links?
Check out Agile Pain Relief site.
Scrum and tools
- Don't let tools to drive your agile and Scrum adoption.
- Try Excel for Backlog at first http://soch.cz/burndown_example.xlsx it is flexible.
- Or GoogleDocs if you like to be online https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag91X5gS0piQcDhvTUw1QzlNLS11d29mbWhsMW5wZXc.
- Despite on Product backlog and tools you decided to use, Sprint backlog and sprint plan don't need any tool. Use paper cards instead.
- If you are using any complex tool, never add task level there.
- For distributed teams try scrumblr.ca
Don't forget to celebrate any success.
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.