The next two Scrum certification trainings in Czech (in Prague or online depending n the current situation) will be in March 2021. The CSM – Certified ScrumMaster will take place on March 8-9, 2021 and the CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner will take place on March 10-11, 2021. Both trainings are planned in Czech and they are the first ones for the year 2021.read more
The 2021 year already started and we released the schedule of Agile and Scrum training for the 2021 year.
During the year 2021 we will be delivering a lot of interesting Agile and Scrum certification training including CSM – Certified ScrumMaster, CSPO – Certified Scrum Product Owner, and popular leadership class CAL1 – Certified Agile Leadership. These classes we deliver in English online and if situation is calm we are ready to deliver them face-to-face worldwide including USA and Europe - we have our favorite places as Belgium (Gent), Germany (Berlin), Austria (Vienna), Czech Republic (Prague), Slovakia (Bratislava), Slovenia (Ljubljana).
Our catalog extended with advanced classes as well – we are delivering regularly ACSM - Advanced Certified ScrumMaster, ACSPO - Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner, and CSP-SM - Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster in English and online.
Together with our partners we are delivering as well ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC), ICAgile Certified Professional - Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF), Certified LeSS Practitoner (CLP), and LeSS and Learn.read more
My new book “The Agile Leader: Leveraging the Power of Influence” has been already published and is available for worldwide delivery at Amazon website.read more
Workshop Agile Leadership and Self-organization - Andrea Provaglio
Date: June 19, 2015
Duration: 1 day
Price: 8400 CZK, excl. VAT
Place: Prague, Czech Republic
The role of leaders and managers has changed from the models we got used to in "traditional" project management, and so has the way development teams work to generate business value.
Self-organization is an elusive management concept (how can we organize something that is supposed to organize itself?) which has profound business and organizational implications.
It taps into the collective intelligence of the team, so that people can come up with better solutionsin a shorter time; it distributes control, to avoid decisional bottlenecks and let the project move faster; it relies on the socio-relational skills of the team, but it also relies on transparency, clearprocesses and shared goals to define the boundaries of delegation; and the greater autonomy promotes engagement and team learning.
Agile leaders who really understand these dynamics will take care of facilitating the value stream(represented by the development teams) by providing the necessary support and resources; they will provide guidance and a shared goal by sharing the "why"and the "what", with more trust and less control on "how" that goal should be achieved; and they will be able to create an ecosystem where the business advantage of effective self-organization can manifest.
Effective self-organization changes the leader/team dynamics and the teammate/teammate ones. To reap the full benefits of Agile and Lean you need to understand these subtle dynamics and be able to implement them effectively in your organization.
- Increase the productivity of your teams by greater participation and simpler decision-making processes
- Create a learning environment where knowledge is shared, and reduce the risk of operational bottlenecks
- Promote alignment to the organization’s business goals and get more focus on the most valuable activities
- Leverage diversity (gender, nationality, background, personality, etc.) to create smarter and more efficient teams
- Understand and manage the cultural blocks to self-organization, such as: blaming culture; fear of responsibility; fear of losing status; personal and unconscious agendas; guidance vs. command
- Get involved in practical, guided exercises that you can later use in your own organization
Who This Is For
- Team Leaders
- Team Members
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- IT Executives
- The business case for self-organization
- Self-organization fundamentals: transparency and trust
- Seeding a local culture: working agreements and visualization tools
- Diversity as a success factor for smarter teams
- Improving communication, participation and commitment
- Promoting engagement through autonomy and mastery
- How self-organization differs in co-located and distributed teams
- Identity, Personal Responsibility and gratitude as catalyzers for self-organization
- Moving out of a blaming culture and of personal agendas
- A leader's systemic view of self-organizing teams
- Feedback loops in self-organizing teams: Inspect and Adapt
- Understanding the Value Stream
- Managers as leaders, facilitators and enablers
- Co-creating and aligning to shared goals
- Positioning leaders at the proper guidance level
- The mechanisms for safe and effective delegation
- Turning conflict into learning opportunities
The duration of the workshop is one day. It will be at Prague on June 19, 2015 in English.