I’m glad that my book The Great ScrumMaster: #ScrumMasterWay was officially translated into the Chinese language (Traditional Chinese) and is already available from September 2018. The publisher is “DrMaster Press Co., Ltd.” and you can buy at their online store.read more
Are you working in a Scrum environment and are you interested in how to introduce Scrum to multiple teams? Do you want to know more about organizational change, lean, system thinking, and advanced practices?
Join Jurgen De Smet, certified LeSS trainer, for his LeSS - Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner training on 24-26 October 2018. In this 3 days class, you will learn a lot about Scrum, scaling, lean thinking, systems thinking, product ownership, Huge Scrum, and many more. Training is in English and you can register here.read more
The next CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner training in English in Prague is on September 20-21, 2018
The next CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner training in 2018 will be in Prague on September 20-21, 2018. Come to join me and to learn more about Product Ownership and start your path to be great Product Owner. A unique experience in one of the nicest city in Europeread more
CAL2 - Certified Agile Leadership Program
The CAL 2 program is a continuation and extension of CAL1 class. It brings an advanced education deepening the concepts discussed in the CAL1, validated practice, and peer-based sharing program that consists of learning and practice.
The goal of CAL 2 is to guide leaders in deepening, applying, and sharing their Agile leadership learning. CAL 2 requires a CAL I credential and successful completion of the advanced education, validated practice, and peer-based sharing requirements.
We focus on three areas
CAL II focuses on three categories defined in the CAL I program:
- Leadership in an Agile Context
- The Agile Organization
- Agile Approaches to Change
Participants are expected to document and share their experience and learning in a CAL II Experience Report for each category and share it with other participants in their cohort to discuss, analyze, and share feedback for mutual learning. All participants need to actively participate in all facilitated peer-based workshops with others in the program.
You will learn
In short, you’ll learn to transform your workplace into a well-oiled, dynamic environment that delivers value to your customers, your employees, and your bottom line. You will …
- Be a better leader, no matter what your role, experience, or management style
- Develop an organizational culture where Agile may flourish
- Gain skills to create high performing organizations
- Approach change from multiple angles
- Nurture a more successful and joyful workplace
- Deal effectively with workplace cultural challenges
- Development of leadership mindset needed to support growth
- Get access to the community network of participants and get the opportunity to collaborate with an international group of leaders experiencing a similar context.
CAL2 program is a great step for you
- An executive, manager, or organizational influencer
- A change agent who’s been charged with Agile adoption
- A leader who supports, leads, or interacts with Agile teams
What is the CAL II Program structure?
The program is distributed in the 8 months and is structured into three different areas.
- Leadership development– is focused on personal development and enhancement of individual leadership skills. Each participant will get their Leadership Circle Profile. Leadership Circle Profile assessment measures and provides leaders feedback through the lengths of two primary leadership domains – Creative Competencies and Reactive Tendencies – and integrates them into visuals so key opportunities for leadership development rise to the surface. The profile includes the debrief follow up and coaching session with Leadership Circle Certified Practitioner Coach.
Extended education is building on top of the theory and concepts discussed at the CAL1 class, and consists of 4 modules of deep dive into the following areas.
- Organization (Organizational vision, Organizational design, Organization as a System)
- Culture (‘We’ culture, Green&Teal organizations, Case-studies)
- Change (Leaders first, Steps for successful change, Experiments, Changing the system)
- Leadership (Leader-Leader style, reflection on Leadership Circle Profile)
Extended education consists of individual preparation, education modules facilitated by CAL Educator, peer workshops, teamwork, and individual experience report preparation and feedback.
Peer Workshops are the core of the CAL2 program. Through the peer collaborative sessions, you gain practical experiences and have time to critically evaluate the practical usage of the discussed concepts. Participants will share at least one of their CAL II experienced reports with their cohort and discuss, analyze, and share feedback for mutual learning. Such module reports are the building blocks of the final individual experienced report.
Each module includes individual pre-reading/listening, team discussion around different case-studies, teamwork and experience sharing with other leaders in the group and working on the individual experienced report. Expect to spent about 8-12h per module working time, plus some time for individual reading.
- Integration Work– is the last step of the CAL2 program. The program is finished by the individual experience report summarizing the learning journey and application of the concepts discussed during the program that will be validated by the CAL Educator. The experience report is created during the whole program and participants get feedback on it during the peer workshops. The experience report shall cover all four areas (Organization, Culture, Change, and Leadership) and describe jour leadership journey during the CAL program.
Upon successful completion of CAL I and CAL II (including the validated experience report), you will be eligible to apply for the CAL Certification.
How to sign up?
As part of your application, please write us a short paragraph about yourself as an Agile leader, describe what is the goal you want to achieve in this program.
I shall join if…
- I successfully completed a CAL I training, with a Certified Agile Leadership Educator accredited by the Scrum Alliance.
- I’m committed to personal and organizational leadership growth.
- I’m willing to join and actively participate in the 8-month program and share my learnings and aha moments with the other people in my cohort and summarize my learning in an individual experience report.
Certification will only be granted to participants with full participation in the program.
You are welcome to join the program without going through the full certification process.
Registration - Agile, Lean, Scrum, Kanban courses
for public courses and workshops.