We are planning CSM - Certified ScrumMaster and CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner classes in Bratislava, Slovakia in English at November 2017.read more
The next CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner training in English in Prague is on September 25-26, 2017
The next CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner training in Prague will be on September 25-26, 2017 just a few days after the annual Agile Prague Conference. This training is planned in English.read more
The next CSM - Certified ScrumMaster training in Prague will be on September 7-8, 2017 just before annual Agile Prague Conference. This training is planned in English.read more
How to start with Scrum
- Read Agile manifesto - http://agilemanifesto.org - and try to apply those principles to your context.
- Agile is huge change. It's changing culture and mindset. It will not be easy so spend some time to investigate if your reasons for agile adoption are good enough.
- Read my blogs http://soch.cz/blog (CZ) and http://agile-scrum.com.
- Try it now. It's always good time to start.
- Neither Agile nor Scrum is a dogma. But don't give up too early. It's lot of work to make it stick.
- Learn more. Read books and aticles from the following section or check our additional courses and workshops.
Back to the Basics
- Zuzi Sochova Czech blog about Agile, Kanban, Scrum and Management: http://soch.cz/blog
- Zuzi's blog about Agile and Lean (EN): http://agile-scrum.com
- Scrum Guide - the official Scrum reference (read before CSM test)
- LeSS - Large Scaling Scrum site - how to scale Scrum
- What Is Agile? - now, in 2016
- Scrum in 13s - if you have no time than 13s watch this video
- Scrum introduction - Ken Schwaber talks about Scrum
- Henrik Kniberg - Scrum and XP from the Trenches
- Henrik Kniberg and Mattias Skarin - Kanban and Scrum - making the most of both
- CoreScrum - Scrum Alliance description of Scrum
- Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process
Books (not only) for ScrumMasters
- The Great ScrumMaster - #ScrumMasterWay
- Patrick Lencioni - The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- Dave Logan - Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
- Sir John Whitmore - Coaching For Performance: Growing People, Performance and Purpose
- Esther Derby - Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
- Henrik Kniberg - Lean from the Trenches An example of Kanban in a large software project
- Niels Pflaeging - Organize for Complexity: How to Get Life Back Into Work to Build the High-Performance Organization
- Lyssa Adkins - Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
- Jeff Sutherland and JJ Sutherland - Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
- Craig Larman and Bas Vodde - Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
Books (not only) for Product Owners
- Vasco Duarte - The #NoEstimates Book
- Gojko Adzic - Impact Mapping: Making a big impact with software products and projects
Books (not only) for Managers
- Frederic Laloux - Reinventing Organizations
- Jurgen Appelo - Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
- Jurgen Appelo - #Workout: Games, Tools & Practices to Engage People, Improve Work, and Delight Clients
- Jurgen Appelo - Managing for Happiness: Games, Tools, and Practices to Motivate Any Team
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
- Eliyahu M. Goldratt - The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
Books (not only) for Testers
- Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory - Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
- Janet Gregory and Lisa Crispin - More Agile Testing: Learning Journeys for the Whole Team
Other recommendations to read
- John Kotter - Our Iceberg Is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
- W. Timothy Gallwey - The Inner Game of Work: Focus, Learning, Pleasure, and Mobility in the Workplace
- Stephen C. Lundin - Fish! A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
- Eliyahu M. GoldrattI - It's Not Luck
- Scrum Master - Funny movie about The Power of Scrum
- Scrum Master and motivation
- Shit Bad Scrum Masters Say
- Agile Product Ownership in a Nutshell
- What is Business Agility
- Yves Morieux: How too many rules at work keep you from getting things done
- Henrik Kniberg - Spotify Engineering Culture part 1
- Henrik Kniberg - Spotify Engineering Culture part 2
- Yves Morieux: As work gets more complex, 6 rules to simplify
- Gary Hamel: Reinventing the Technology of Human Accomplishment
- Mastering Retrospective Video
- Dan Pink: The puzzle of motivation
- Organize for Complexity - Keynote by Niels Pflaeging
- Laloux Cultural Model and Agile Adoption
- Managing for Happiness | Jurgen Appelo | TEDxLille
- Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
- David Logan - Tribal Leadership TED talk
- Lucy's Famous Chocolate Scene
- Jurgen Appelo Blog: http://www.noop.nl/
- Vasco Duarte Blog / Software Development Today: http://softwaredevelopmenttoday.blogspot.cz/
- Yves Hanoulle Blog: http://www.hanoulle.be/
- Henrik Kniberg / Crisp's Blog: http://blog.crisp.se/author/henrikkniberg
- Agile Alliance Blog: http://www.agilealliance.org/blog/
- Scrum Alliance Blog: http://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles
- Martin Flower Blog about Continuous Integration, Refactoring, etc.: http://martinfowler.com/
I like to learn from the 'best of the best'. Here are my recommendations where to go:
- Agile Coaching Institute - All classes are 'must have' for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches. You can also check my smaller version of AgileCoachig workshop and Agile Facilitation workshop.
- Move it to the next level with ORSC - Organization & Relationship Systems Coaching
- Management 3.0 workshop
- Christopher Avery - The Leadership Gift
- LeSS (Large Scaling Scrum) Case Studies - The first LeSS adoptions were probably around 2006, since then, LeSS has been applied in many products and in many industries:
How to run Agile Organization
Other Scrum and Agile case-studies
- Case study: Distributed Scrum Project for Dutch Railways
- Agile Case Study - Cayen Systems
- Google: Ssh! We are adding a process…
- Video: Scrum Boosts Effectiveness at the BBC
- Agile Project Development at Intel: A Scrum Odyssey by Pat Elwer, Intel Corporation
- Agile Case-study: H&R BLOCK
- Adobe Premiere Pro Scrum Adoption - How an agile approach enabled success in a hyper-competitive landscape
- Yahoo! Rolling out Agile in a Large Enterprise
- Video: Moving Back to Scrum and Scaling to Scrum of Scrums in Less than One Year
Agile @ SAP / ERP
- Introducing flexibility, transparency and speed to SAP implementations by Sean Robson http://genesisconsulting.
- Also, SAP itself uses Scrum: http://agileerpslides.
gerardmeszaros.com/,and http://www.g3g.com/blog/ continuous-integration-on-sap- using-subversion-maven-hudson- nexus-and-sonar
- If you are using ABAP then these links might present some info.
abap/testing-and- troubleshooting/blog/2011/11/ 09/new-abap-unit-and-coverage- analyzer-features-in-sap- netweaver-70-ehp3
christian.drumm/blog/2009/12/ 30/continuous-integration- using-code-inspector
nw70/helpdata/EN/14/ a794422760c46ae10000000a155106 /frameset.htm
abap/blog/2013/10/16/mocka-is- now-open-source-abap-mocking- framework
Agile @ Hardware
notesfromatooluser/2008/12/ agile-for-hardware-and- embedded-systems.html#. V3kbFPSXfCQ
Still not done with links?
Check out Agile Pain Relief site.
Scrum and tools
- Don't let tools to drive your agile and Scrum adoption.
- Try Excel for Backlog at first http://soch.cz/burndown_example.xlsx it is flexible.
- Or GoogleDocs if you like to be online https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag91X5gS0piQcDhvTUw1QzlNLS11d29mbWhsMW5wZXc.
- Despite on Product backlog and tools you decided to use, Sprint backlog and sprint plan don't need any tool. Use paper cards instead.
- If you are using any complex tool, never add task level there.
- For distributed teams try scrumblr.ca
Don't forget to celebrate any success.
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.